Sunday, February 08, 2009

Giving this bloggin thing a try again

In trying to figure out why I have had such trouble getting myself to follow through on blogging, since I so often enjoy pontificating on things I have no real knowledge of. I tried years ago, but just didn't muster up the discipline to stick with it. My working theory (other than the obvious lack of time-management skills and laziness) is that the Bush years were just too depressing for me. I'm naturally a contrarian, and most of my friends were strongly anti-Bush already. I couldn't help but try and defend him, and that quickly became emotionally draining. At the same time, I was upset by the "netroots" rhetoric. I did think it was not constructive, and highly divisive (as indeed was much of the right blogosphere).


Anywho, I hope this takes this time. Even if I am know just of several bajillgiion bloggers, and my words all fall of deaf ears.



No comments: